Mijn collegabloggers/onderzoekers in dit collectief schrijven geregeld over ontdekkend of onderzoekend leren en argumenteren daarbij onvermoeibaar dat die vorm van leren minder effectief is dan vormen van geleide instructie. Ik heb net twee intensieve dagen met onderzoekend-lerenprojecten achter de rug en herken weinig in het nieuwste betoog van Paul Kirschner (Hoe Ontdekkend is Ontdekkend Leren […]
Bij deze wil ik graag mijn ge-animeerde logo van Aletheia Educatie introduceren. Wil jij ook een geanimeerd logo? Neem contact met me op!
Questioner: David, why not use your passion for education to bring about positive changes to the school system? Why have you chosen to walk away from a system that needs people like you now more than ever?
David: I’m no longer focusing my attention on the system. I’m content to let it be. I accept it just as it is.
Q: Problems cannot be solved by ignoring them.
D: As Einstein observed, problems cannot be solved with the same level of thinking that created them. Energy flows where attention goes. It makes no sense to energise an approach to education that in no way matches who I am or how I choose to live. I have shifted my perspective entirely, to the point where I no longer see problems, only opportunities. My attention has shifted to the exploration and creation of alternatives. I’m excited by the unprecedented entrepreneurial opportunity that…
View original post 171 woorden meer
This is a follow up to a post I wrote, How Do We Learn? How Should We Learn? The purpose of these posts is to encourage educators to examine practices they take for granted, implement without deep reflection of their efficacy. This post discusses the instructional practice of asking students to memorize information.
How often have students (ourselves included) been asked to memorize mass amounts of facts – historical dates, vocabulary words, science facts, get tested on them, just to forget almost all those memorized facts a week or two later? Given that is this learning experience is more common than not, why do educators insist on continuing this archaic and ineffective instructional practice?
To learn it in isolation is like learning the sentence “Hamlet kills Claudius” without the faintest idea of who either gentleman is–or, for what matter, of what “kill” means. Memorization is a frontage road: It runs…
View original post 559 woorden meer
Op woensdag 7 januari 2015 werd de redactie van het Franse tijdschrift Charlie Hebdo aangevallen in Parijs. Hierbij vielen 12 doden, waaronder ook twee politieagenten.
Wat voor tijdschrift is Charlie Hebdo? Waarom werden zij aangevallen? Wat heeft deze aanval te maken met geloof en vrijheid van meningsuiting? In deze opdracht ga je hiermee aan de slag.
View original post 422 woorden meer
I’ve posted about The Other 21st Skills and Attributes. This post provides links and resources about these skills as well as an educator self-assessment. This assessment contains questions to assist the educator in evaluating if and how s/he is facilitating these skills and attributes in the learning environment.
- The Other 21st Century Skills: https://usergeneratededucation.wordpress.com/2013/05/22/the-other-21st-century-skills/
- Tony Wagner’s Seven Survival Skills: http://www.tonywagner.com/7-survival-skills
- Teaching and Facilitating Entrepreneurship in the School Setting: https://usergeneratededucation.wordpress.com/2014/07/06/teaching-and-facilitating-entrepreneurship-in-the-school-setting/
- Resilience: The Other 21st Century Skills: https://usergeneratededucation.wordpress.com/2013/06/30/resilience-the-other-21st-century-skills/
- Hope and Optimism: The Other 21st Century Skills: https://usergeneratededucation.wordpress.com/2014/01/06/hope-and-optimism-the-other-21st-century-skills/
- Empathy and Global Stewardship: The Other 21st Century Skills: https://usergeneratededucation.wordpress.com/2013/07/28/empathy-and-global-stewardship-the-other-21st-century-skills/
- Self-Regulation: The Other 21st Century Skills: https://usergeneratededucation.wordpress.com/2014/08/24/self-regulation-the-other-21st-century-skills/
- Vision for the Future: The Other 21st Century Skills: https://usergeneratededucation.wordpress.com/2014/01/19/vision-for-the-future-the-other-21st-century-skills/
- Grit: The Other 21st Century Skills: https://usergeneratededucation.wordpress.com/2013/06/01/grit-the-other-21st-century-skills/